What is CAEL?
CAEL is a test designed to measure the English language proficiency of students planning to study in Canadian post-secondary institutions.
Done in just one sitting and includes features such as a personal timer and word counter
Acceptance Across Canada
Accepted by over 180 Canadian universities and colleges, including all English-speaking institutions
Quick Online Results
Available online in 8 business days, sent to 5 institutions at no extra cost
Convenient Study Materials
Free sample tests, pretest sittings, webinars, prep programs, and online courses
Requirements For Being a Test Centre
All prospective CAEL Test Centres must demonstrate that they meet Paragon Testing Enterprises’ standards and guidelines in order to be considered to deliver CAEL.
The facility must have the following:
- An isolated testing room that is comfortable and quiet
- Computer workstations that meet our technical requirements
- A check-in area, secure storage area, and washrooms in close proximity to the testing room
- Accessibility for people with disabilities
- Safety measures including emergency exit plans and fire extinguishers
- Commitment to scheduling test sittings months in advance on CAEL testing days
- Ability to run a demo test in the testing room prior to every test weekend
- Capacity to provide trained, certified staff for all test sittings
More detailed requirements are listed in the CAEL Test Centre application.